In a recent VEX middle school event held at Montverde Academy, two Middle School students and one Upper School student showcased their robotics skills and achieved remarkable success. Ella Drawdy, a seventh-grader, along with Alexis Eastham, also in seventh grade, and her sister Emily Eastham, a ninth-grader, formed a VEX home team called The Galaxy Girls +1.
While competing in the event, The Galaxy Girls +1 demonstrated exceptional teamwork, earning them the fifth place in the national Teamwork rankings. They further impressed the judges by winning both the Robot Skills and Excellence awards. Their outstanding performance in the autonomous programming category significantly contributed to their victory.
Moreover, The Galaxy Girls +1 maintained their position within the top seven alliances throughout the competition, proving their consistency and strategic thinking. As a result of their exceptional performance, the team has now risen to become the number one ranked team in the state of Florida. Their incredible achievements also place them at the 43rd spot in the country and an impressive 114th in the world rankings.
It is worth noting that Emily and Ella’s talents extend beyond VEX Robotics. Both students actively participate in the FIRST LEGO League team at the Middle School, showcasing their passion and dedication to the field of robotics.
The success of The Galaxy Girls +1 would not have been possible without the support and collaboration of other students. Upper School VEX Robotics students played a vital role in organizing and judging the event. Additionally, several Middle and Upper School students offered their assistance to ensure the smooth operation of the competition. To raise funds for their program, Middle School robotics students ran the concessions, further exemplifying the collaborative nature of the robotics community.
The achievements of these talented students in the VEX event highlight the importance of fostering a passion for robotics at a young age. Their success not only reflects their hard work and dedication but also serves as an inspiration for aspiring robotics enthusiasts.
An FAQ Section based on the main topics and information presented in the article:
1. Who were the members of The Galaxy Girls +1 robotics team?
– The members of The Galaxy Girls +1 robotics team were Ella Drawdy, Alexis Eastham, and Emily Eastham.
2. What awards did The Galaxy Girls +1 win in the VEX middle school event?
– The Galaxy Girls +1 won the Robot Skills and Excellence awards.
3. What was The Galaxy Girls +1’s ranking in the national Teamwork rankings?
– The Galaxy Girls +1 achieved the fifth place in the national Teamwork rankings.
4. How did The Galaxy Girls +1 perform in the competition?
– The Galaxy Girls +1 consistently maintained their position within the top seven alliances throughout the competition, showcasing their consistency and strategic thinking.
5. What is the team’s current ranking in the state of Florida?
– The team is currently ranked as the number one team in the state of Florida.
6. What are the team’s rankings in the country and worldwide?
– The team is ranked at 43rd in the country and an impressive 114th in the world rankings.
7. What other robotics activities do Emily and Ella participate in?
– Emily and Ella also actively participate in the FIRST LEGO League team at the Middle School.
1. VEX Robotics: VEX Robotics is an educational robotics program that provides students with the opportunity to design, build, and compete with their own robotic creations. (VEX Robotics)
2. Autonomous Programming: Autonomous programming refers to the ability of a robot to perform tasks and make decisions without human intervention. It involves programming the robot to perceive its environment and respond accordingly. (Robotics Business Review)
3. FIRST LEGO League: FIRST LEGO League is a robotics competition for elementary and middle school students. The competition involves designing, building, and programming a LEGO robot to complete a series of missions on a thematic playing field. (FIRST LEGO League)
4. Concessions: Concessions refers to the sale of food, drinks, or merchandise at an event or venue. In the context of the article, Middle School robotics students ran the concessions to raise funds for their program.
Suggested Related Links: