In case you missed it, here is a roundup of the biggest tech announcements, rumors, and happenings from this week. Starting off, HP unveiled its foldable PC, the HP Spectre Foldable PC, which can transform into a laptop, tablet, or desktop PC depending on how it is folded or detached. However, this versatility comes at a steep price tag of $5,000.
Moving on to cameras, Fujifilm introduced the GFX100 II as the most powerful camera ever in its class, offering medium-format performance at the speed of full-frame. Panasonic also released its flagship micro four thirds mirrorless camera, the Lumix G9 II, which impressed photographers with its features. The OM System Tough TG-7 was another notable camera release, offering modest updates to its predecessor as the best waterproof camera for outdoor adventures. Additionally, Blackmagic surprised everyone with its first full-frame 6K video camera at a competitive price.
In the world of home devices, iRobot unveiled its new Roomba j9+ and Roomba Combo j9+ robot vacuums, equipped with real-time navigation and object recognition for better cleaning and avoidance of obstructions. Samsung’s upcoming smart ring, the Galaxy Ring, was also teased through the discovery of a smart ring icon in the Galaxy Wearable app.
Apple made some announcements as well, revealing that the AirPods Pro 2 would come with a USB-C charging case, as well as introducing USB-C for the original EarPods. The iPhone 15 Pro Max stole the show with its 5x optical zoom lens, a first for iPhones, and other camera upgrades.
Overall, this week was filled with exciting tech releases and updates across various categories. Stay tuned for more upcoming developments in the tech world.
– USB-C: A universal serial port that allows power delivery and data transfer between devices.
– OLED: Organic light-emitting diode, a display technology that offers better contrast and viewing angles compared to traditional LCD screens.
– Hybrid devices: Devices that combine different functionalities or form factors, such as laptops that can also be used as tablets.
– Micro four thirds: A camera system with a smaller sensor size than traditional full-frame or APS-C sensors, known for its compact size and compatibility with interchangeable lenses.
– HP Spectre Foldable PC: https://www.techradar.com/news/the-hp-spectre-foldable-pc-is-coming-for-your-current-portables-lunch
– Fujifilm GFX100 II: https://www.techradar.com/news/fujifilm-just-made-medium-format-feel-as-fast-as-full-frame-with-its-most-powerful-camera-ever
– Panasonic Lumix G9 II: https://www.techradar.com/news/hands-on-panasonic-lumix-g9-ii-review
– OM System Tough TG-7: https://www.techradar.com/news/olympus-to-release-om-d-tough-tg-7-as-tg-6-successor
– Blackmagic 6K video camera: https://www.techradar.com/news/blackmagic-launches-its-first-full-frame-cinema-camera
– iRobot Roomba j9+ and Combo j9+: https://www.techradar.com/news/the-new-roomba-j9-and-j7-will-be-irobots-smartest-vacuums-yet
– Samsung Galaxy Ring: https://www.techradar.com/news/samsung-galaxy-ring-evidence-appears-in-more-official-samsung-apps
– Apple AirPods and EarPods: https://www.techradar.com/news/airpods-pro-2-and-airpods-upgrade-finally-happened
– iPhone 15 Pro Max: https://www.techradar.com/news/iphone-13-pro-max-has-an-actual-telephoto-lens-but-not-an-actual-charger